May 19, 2010

France: Part 4 (last one! For France, of course)

(1)
Dear Journely (2),
Today I went to Versailles (3), then took a bus to the Loruve. There we saw the Mona Lisa (4) and other paintings (5). After we were in our hotel room, we got our bags, went to the taxi, and took a long ride to the train station (6). We waitid two hours for the train (7), and once we got on it (8), we put our bags in our private car, waited untill (9) we were moving, then went to check out the dining car. We waited 15 minutes (10), untill (11) we sat down. We had an amazing dinner, with 3 courses (12). When we got to the car, we literally crashed on our beds (13). We will stop a ton of times during the night (14), but we will not wake up. Untill tomrrow (15),
Rachel

Note: What I saw inside Versailles were king's and queen's (16) chamber (17), painted celeings (18), and beautiful gardens (19). All were very nice. (20)

  1. Wednesday, March 28
  2. (I'm officially developing a peeve against mispelled words, unless I have no idea how to spell them, like all these French words and names. Can you say confusing?)
  3. (A palace. Ever heard of the Treaty of Versailles? Of course you did. Well, this is where the magic happened. This is where World War 1 ended.)
  4. (Like I said in an earlier post, it was on a giant wall with like 30 other paintings. It didn't even have a special borber or anything. Just a rope barrier sticking out about 2 feet from the wall. Nothing special.)
  5. (And sculptures. They had a whole room devoted to just white marble statues. I liked.)
  6. (We passed the big, nice, busy one, and said, "Wasn't that the train station?" Apparently, our train to Rome was docked in this dinky little crap-of-a-train-staion that had pidgeons INSIDE the building. WTH, France?)
  7. Inside that dinky train station
  8. ("It" being the train. Nice, big, with bathrooms. OOOoooh.)
  9. (There's the peeve...)
  10. (In the bar area which was actually open. There was a nice big window by the bar, so guess where I was? At the bar... JK, JK. I was staring at the open countries, loving all of the hills dotted with farms and trees. Very ... breathtaking.)
  11. (PEEVE)
  12. (First course was a salad. Second was pasta, very good. Third was a choice of cheesecake or cake? I know there was cheesecake, because that's what I got.)
  13. (Julie and I couldn't crash. Our bunks were on top, so we had to climb a small ladder, lay out blankets, and then fall asleep without crashing, or they might have broken onto either my mom, or dad.)
  14. (I can honestly saw I've been to Denmark and Holland without seeing them...)
  15. (OMG, PEEVE!!!)
  16. (peeved)
  17. (Well, chambers. The king had his wing, and on the other side was the queen's wing. They didn't sleep together, which didn't shock me back then. Suprise)
  18. (Nothing special. Go to the Sisten Chapel, then tell me the celings in Versailles are fancy.)
  19. (Which would have been prettier if: 1. the day was nice and shining, not bleak at all, and 2. the plants were flowering. It was just getting to France's flower season, while it was full swing in Georgia.)
  20. (Funny story about Versailles. Our tour guide, she was a small old lady. Looks can be decieving. She was evil. If you made the mistake of taking a picture with flash, and this day I was there you needed to, you would get a smack on the hand by a big ruler she was holding, and a stern, even angry, "NO FLASH!" Lol, very funny to watch. We didn't make that mistake. Another thing that happened at Versailles was when my family and I were out on the grounds, My parents met a couple that they suprisingly knew. They used to be friends in Albany, and so they got talking for about an hour. Julie and I just sat on the nearest steps. It was hard to wait so long when you don't have a book or iPod...)

No comments:

Post a Comment